Simple Feast, one of the Nordic food industry's new and emerging players, is not content with getting a good business out of offering tasty products. At Simple Feast, they, in own words, "work very hard to create the most sustainable meal solution in the world". Nothing less.
Simple Feast offers consumers in Denmark and Sweden meal boxes with plant-based dinner dishes, and after a capital injection of DKK 225 million in the fall of 2019, the company is now well into the process of penetrating the US market, initially in California.
One of the partners helping Simple Feast meet the ambitious goal of making the world more sustainable is Nemco. Simple Feast uses Sealpac A5 traysealers from Nemco to close their cellulose trays by welding top films on the trays. Finding the right supplier has not been easy for Simple Feast, as the company sets high requirements and does not compromise.
- All packaging materials must be as sustainable as possible and do not contain fossil plastics, for example, says production manager Simon Stenhøj, responsible for quality and food safety at Simple Feast.
The answers did not exist at first
According to Simon Stenhøj, Simple Feast, in their search for suppliers, has met many closed doors.
- Because we are so uncompromising, there is a huge difference between the traditional companies in the food industry and us. We have heard many suppliers say "that cannot be done", when we have expressed our wishes. However, we have not experienced this attitude from Nemco. Nemco has gone to the task with enthusiasm and found a solution that meets our ambitions. They have helped finding some answers that were not immediately apparent. In addition, they have contributed to the best of their ability with sparring and advice, says Simon Stenhøj.
Simple Feast got the Sealpac A5 traysealers installed in the spring of 2019 and put them to serious use after the summer holidays. Before that, there was a run-in period where Simple Feast drew quite a lot on Nemco's service team.
- We have been able to solve many things with video calling, and when that is not enough, the Nemco people are always ready to come and help, says Simon Stenhøj.
Focus on the customer
Simple Feast was founded in 2014 by Thomas Ambus and CEO Jakob Jønck, who had previously achieved great success with the two apps Endomondo and MyFitnessPal. Simple Feast differs from many other food manufacturers by primarily focusing on customers.
- We work uniquely to help people experience success. Everything is about pleasing the consumer. We make it less complex to eat high quality, sustainable foods, and we constantly adapt our products based on the feedback we get from consumers, says Jakob Jønck.
Simple Feast avoids among other things meat, plastic and flamingo boxes, and the company uses only organic raw materials.
Currently, Simple Feast delivers in Denmark as well as in three of the largest cities in Sweden. However, their ambitions go much further.
- Our business model can work in all major cities in the western world, says Jakob Jønck.
German Vemag Anlagenbau becomes Vetec AnlagenbauRead more
If you are planning to attend Interpack 2023, you can book your ticket with Nemco. You can meet all our specialists every day.Read more
We are happy to welcome Mikko Niittymäki to Nemco, where he has taken on the new role as sales trainee in Finland.Read more
Join us at NEMCO SLICING & PACKAGING DAYS 2023 to discover the latest technology in meat, fish and poultry slicing from Grasselli and Borncut.Read more
Thomas Holm, CCO at NemcoRead more
Portion Cutter OSL + Horizontal Slicer KSL DVRead more
Nemco joins Nordic cooperation with German Singer & Sohn GmbH.Read more
Meet Nemco at FoodTech 2022 - Northern Europe's largest trade fair for food technologyRead more
Meet Nemco at the Chark-SM in Gothenburg on 26 and 27 October 2022Read more
Come and join the Food & Drink Trade Fair in Tampere - Meet us at booth C 641 where we will show solutions from Vemag, Bettcher, Henneken and scansteelRead more
Nemco will be a partner and exhibitor when ScanPack opens the doors for this year's event in Göteborg on 4 October 2022.Read more
If you are planning to attend IFFA 2022, you can book your ticket with Nemco. You can meet all our specialists every day.Read more
Nemco will be there, when this years' Anuga FoodTec open its doors from the 26th to the 29th of April 2022 in Cologne, Germany.Read more
Experience innovative packaging solutions and the latest technology in solid weight slicing!Read more
Sandra Gabriel has just started as Product Manager at Nemco, which is a Nordic supplier of equipment for the food industry made by leading international manufacturers.Read more
We thank Himmerlandskød for the trust and look forward to unveiling the future of user-friendly and environmentally friendly packaging solutions, which are developed in collaboration with Vemag and Sealpac.Read more
We are currently looking for a colleague for Business Intelligence in the service department, who services Nemco's customers in the food industry in the Nordic region with spare parts, maintenance and technical service.Read more
If you want to be part of the Nordic region's strongest service team, which consists of specially trained technicians in the food industry, we have the job for you!Read more
You now have the opportunity to test a Bettcher ACS in your own production. It only requires you to make an appointment.Read more
Climate-friendly packaging is a sought-after product and a new tray with 60% less plastic from Sealpac meets a large consumer demand.Read more